Pr 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe.
1. A FACT that we know – Ro 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
- New Christian – 03/09/66
- First Sermon 1970 – Romans 8:28
- Beginning of my Journey
- 1971 – Started pastoring in Tulsa, OK
- 1975 – Started BVBC, Woonsocket, RI
2. A CHALLENGE that we face – (this became my life verse early in my journey) 1Co 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
- Determination not to be a Quitter, loser, or a castaway
- Determination to keep promises, pay bills and be nice
3. A PROMISE that we enjoy – Ps 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
- Continuing the Journey
- Striving to walk uprightly
- Enjoying the Blessedness
- Finishing the race
Dr. Herbert Lockyer wrote in his book All the Promises of the Bible and claims there are no less than 8.000! During an especially trying time in the work of the China Inland Mission, Hudson Taylor wrote to his wife, “We have twenty-five cents and all the promises of God!” Amen! The truth is the number of promises is not nearly as important as the One that made them! We not only have all the promises of God, we have the God of promises! Romans 4:21 says Abraham was fully persuaded that, what God had promised, “He was able also to perform!” I don’t know what you are trusting God for right now, but remember you can’t break God’s promises by leaning on them! Keep on standing! – copied
If you have to ask Why me?
When you’re feeling really blue,
When the world has turned against you
And you don’t know what to do,
When it pours colossal raindrops,
And the road’s a winding mess,
And you’re feeling more confused
Than you ever could express,
When the saddened sun won’t shine,
When the stars will not align,
When you’d rather be
Inside your bed,
The covers pulled
Above your head,
When life is something
That you dread,
And you have to ask Why me? . . .
Then when the world seems right and true,
When rain has left a gentle dew,
When you feel happy being you,
Please ask yourself, Why me? then, too.
~ Barbara Vance